Did you know these facts about a developing fetus?
- By the 21st day of pregnancy the baby’s heart is beating.
- By the 30th day the baby is 10,000 times larger that the original fertilize egg.
- By the 40th day brain waves can be detected and recorded.
- By the 7th week the baby begins to move spontaneously. The jaw forms with teeth buds, the eyelids close.
- By the 8th week the baby is more than 1” long and is now called a “fetus” which simply means “young one.” All the baby needs now is time to complete growing and maturing. Forty sets of muscles operate with the nervous system. The fetus responds to touch. You will not feel this movement until the fourth or fifth month.
- By the 9th week the baby’s fingerprints are evident and he will wrap his fingers around any object placed in his palm.
Above information taken from, “The First Nine Months” ©1999, Focus on the Family, Colorado Springs, Colorado
We understand that none of your choices are easy. But we are confident that armed with the proper information you can make a great choice! Let us help.
Call today: 978-342-4244.
This information is intended for general educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice.